Monday 16 January 2012

Speedlite 52 Week 1



High Key Portrait
After reading an article in Advanced Photography (Jan issue) i decided it would be good for me to embark on a challenge to push myself to improve in one particular area.

Having just got a Speelite 580ex ii for Christmas and then a further purchase of the Speedlite 430exii i thought this would be a good area for me.

The idea behind the project is like anything else in life, the more you do it the better you become so as this off camera flash photography is all new to me and something i have an interest in, for me it seemed the perfect subject.

For my first attempt i decided to photograph my wife now this is another area i haven't done much work in so it was a real challenge for me. Deciding on a pose a composition the lighting and after a few set ups i came up with this image, that i am very happy with even my wife likes it so that is in itself a compliment as she doesn't really like being photographed.

For this shot i used two speedlites a 580 ex ii and the 430 exii



Strobist Info

  • Camera Canon 7D
  • Lens Tamron 17 - 50mm @50mm
  • ISO 800
  • Shutter 1/250th
  • Aperture F/9.0
  • Speedlite 580 exii with shoot through umbrella @ 1/8th power
  • Speedlite 430 exii with Lumiquest softbox iii @ 1/16th power


Lighting set up




Now what to do next week ?
My Web | My Twitter | My Facebook | My Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, would love to hear them thanks for looking