Friday 1 March 2013

The Old Neptune Whitstable, Kent


The Old Neptune, Whitstable


Had nothing planned for today and just sitting around indoors drives me crazy so when the rain eased off I thought I would grab the camera and head out.

I ended up along the seafront at Whitstable, which was a little fresh to say the least !

This was one of the shots that I took and when I looked at it in camera I thought It was ok. When in lightroom I applied a letterbox style crop to enhance the composition but I still wasn't happy. I wished there was some cloud movement but as I took the shot at 1/320th  F/8.0 ISo 100 there was no chance of any movement !

I took the shot into photoshop and made some adjustments including making a selection of the sky and applying a radial blur to give the impression of movement and did the same with the sea but applied a motion blur effect to balance the image,

Used silver efex pro 2 for  the mono conversion and a few other tweaks later I was happy with the result.

Glad to be back indoors in the warm now !


Long Exposure






 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, would love to hear them thanks for looking